SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turns 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The Excavator Grab primary purpose is to provide support within the production division as dictated by operational requirements in the form of moving different scrap commodities as well as load containers.
The following tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out daily inspections of the scrap handler and report any faults.
- Do general maintenance and cleaning of the grab.
- Move and place scrap steel where instructed.
- Load and off-load of various metals from customers vehicles or stockpiles.
- Maintain safe working procedures at all times.
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Valid Excavator Grab license and/or certificate.
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Previous experience in a physically demanding working environment would be advantageous.
- Abide by the regulations as set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Policies
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to assist in other divisions/departments as required by operational requirements.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hardworking and ability to take initiative.
- Problem solving skills.
Interested applicants are required to forward their CV. We regret that we cannot contact all applicants regarding their status. Should you not be contacted by us within 14 days from the date of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.