With a vision to be the leading fashion lifestyle retailer in Africa, The Foschini Group (TFG) consists of 22 stylish local and international retail brands. We are an innovative force with a passion for retail.
The @home Division is the leading choice for quality Homeware and Furniture products in South Africa, with stores located in prime shopping centres in Southern Africa.
Our store requires an Assistant Store Manager who is passionate about our brands and would like to join a leading Homeware and Furniture Retailer.
As a member of the Store’s Leadership team you will support the Store Manager to drive results and your career forward. If you are entrepreneurial, passionate about leading and inspiring your team to deliver exceptional Customer Service then this position is for you.
Your key areas of responsibilities will include:
- To assist the team in achieving overall targets by driving business results.
- Drive and analyse store performance through business KPI’s (sales, credit and rewards)
- Inspire teams by providing coaching and development opportunities to your team.
- Be an Ambassador for the Store and Brand by leading the store team and delivering exceptional Customer experience
- Assist the Store Leader in effective management of stock and minimising in-store risk.
- Assist in leading, inspiring and motivating the store team to focus on our brand and make the customers a priority
- Be a Brand Ambassador who represents the brand, builds customer loyalty and encourages the team to foster personalised customer relationships
- Effective managing of stock and minimising in-store risk
- A Matric Certificate
- Previous experience operating at a supervisory level within a fast-paced retail environment.
- Results oriented, passionate, and shows a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a strong level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to influence the store team and lead change effectively
- Business acumen and numerical ability
- Organised and high attention details
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.