The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
The Programme is searching for a qualified, dynamic and motivated person to fill the following position:
ICT Officer I
Job Summary: To work under the supervision of the information Systems Manager in USAMRD-K
- Helpdesk support: Identify, document, research, resolve and track technical problems pertaining to infrastructure and applications. Field email and phone
requests for technical product support from users. Perform troubleshooting; determine best methods of resolution. Confirmation of the resolutions with the users
- Systems administration: Administration of desktops and servers including backup systems and tape management processes.
- Proactively monitor server
applications for performance problems, security threats and operational failure.
- Networking: Monitor network health and availability. Take proactive actions to ensure the smooth running of the network. Troubleshoot, take corrective actions and resolve network issues. Monitor and maintain network switches. Perform network cabling extensions and drop installations including terminations.
- Intranet & webpage administration: IIS and Apache web server setup to execute PHP and HTML pages. Develop front and back end web applications.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP standards and related services (DHCP, DNS, WINS).
- Working knowledge of ADS, Exchange 2010, WSUS
- Working knowledge of VMware platform, ESXi, VSphere.
- Good knowledge and experience of programming languages (PHP, HTML, JAVA, C++).
- Good knowledge of desktop and business applications (MS Office, MS Dynamics).
- General knowledge on database applications and practices (SQL).
- Knowledge and experience in network CATS, 6 cabling and termination.
The candidate should possess:
- A degree in Computer Science or Information technology from a recognized University.
- At least 3 years of practical work experience in a busy IT environment.
- CompTIA A+ Security+ , CCNA, MCSA and other relevant Industry Certifications
- Must have Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau certificate
- High level of integrity, motivation and commitment to work and honesty.
- An understanding of confidentiality issue and the use of discretion.
- Strong personal management skills including experience in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies/procedures.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and maintain flexibility in working additional and varied work hours with minimal advance notice.
Applications should include a cover letter, C.V, 3 reference letters, testimonials and day time telephone contact(s).
Applications should be sent to the address below not later than May 18 2018.
The Human Resources Office, Walter Reed Project, P.O Box 29893-00202 Nairobi.
KEMRI/USAMRD-K is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.