Closing date: 26 February 2019
Operating entity: UBE:Mining, Bosjesspruit (Irenedale)
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Master Artisan (Electro Mechanic)
Core elements of job
- Good knowledge of safety management (SLAM, JSA, major hazards)
- Inspect equipment for deviations and create job cards
- Manage in section critical spares
- Do planning for maintenance and manage maintenance feedback
- Perform quality inspections on work done by other section artisans
- Able to do on-the-job training and coaching on other artisans and learners
- Assist foreman with standby duties
- Act for or relieve the foreman when he is on leave
- Assist foreman with work management process
- Able to maintain high levels of good housekeeping and standards
- High level of assertiveness
- Good coach and mentor
- Good in planning and management
- Currently appointed as a Senior Artisan: Electro Mechanic
- Clear knowledge relating to job specific COPs and SOPs
- Maintain all safety standards
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Gas Testing Certificate Flame Proofing certificate
- SAP Navigation and access
- Valid Red ticket Senior artisan: Electro Mechanic experience for 3 years
- Code 8 drivers license
- Grade 12/N3 or equivalent (with Maths, Science and English)
- Computer literate (Wish)
- Knowledge of the work management process and implementation thereof (Wish)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self mastery: Takes accountability fo r driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Ability to get work done through others,
- Good communication and coaching skills.
- Required to work flexible and long hours,
- Good Time Management and
- Be able to perform under pressure
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.