Building great teams through acquiring (hiring), training and developing top class technical experts and implement engineering methods, practices, guidelines and frameworks that are defined to continually improve the quality of technical solutions that are delivered.
Responsible for constructing the teams within an area within the practice
- Ensures a common sense of purpose by establishing the vision, intent and desired outcomes of the practice.
- Hires skilled managers and top class technical experts relevant to area within practice requirements.
- Ensures an appropriate supply of technical experts to fulfil requirements in the delivery teams (SAFe feature/component team)
- Ensures team agility through appropriate representation @ SAFe Program or Team levels
- Manage and prioritize the flow of work within area
- Participate in PI planning
- Participate in release and program increments and ensuring practices are being developed
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to understand Enabler work
- Participate in demos and Inspect and Adapt (I&A)
- Ensures team diversity
- Builds relationships with the team, partners and the broader industry
Management of the teams specifically through Performance management and career development
- Continually improves his/her own technical acumen and remains closely connected to changes in industry practices.
- Drives for continuous learning, professional development and team mastery through training, mentoring, coaching, etc. for practice team members
- Provides opportunities for team members to acquire adjacent skills ("T-shaped employees") and actively drives cross skilling as a strategic initiative
- Sets measurable goals and objectives and provides explicit guidance w.r.t. performance expectations and achievement of team goals (OKRs)
- Measures performance continually (using feedback from a wide variety of sources) and provides honest and objective feedback to team members on a regular basis.
- Sets clear expectations for the achievement of quality goals.
- Encourages autonomy of decision making within clearly defined guardrails.
- Provides input to ensure fair recognition, reward & remuneration within the context of experience, performance and personal contribution
Build and improve practice capability to ensure effectiveness against fellow infrastructure leaders
- Drives the engineering agenda through relentless improvement of standards, methods, frameworks, etc. for the area within the practice
- Has extreme focus on systems thinking and automation with the intent of improving the way things get done
- Ensures that the area within the practice goals and objectives are properly prioritised and inserted into Program/Team backlogs
- Ensures the use of Agile ceremonies and habits that help shape the effectiveness of the practice
- Creates Guilds ("communities of practice") to encourage in-and-across-practice collaboration, information sharing, etc.
- Drives for effective use of data & analytics to report on practice performance against team deliverables
Drives the effective management of the team financials (where applicable)
- Contributes to the preparation of annual budgets relating to running and improving the practice and associated IT Infrastructure services
- Actively monitor and manage budgets against expenditure in line within responsible area within the area of a practice.
- Authorise at functional level the allocation of resources for the planning, development and delivery, as appropriate, of services and products
- Contribute to the financial compliance aligned with Infrastructure & Operations budgeting governance and compliance
Support all Audit, Risks & Compliance requirements to ensure adherence to regulations within your area of responsibility
- Actively supports the outcomes expected of the risk management plan for the practice including but not limited to disciplines such as Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Ensures security consciousness and standards are embedded into all integral parts of the practice (i.e. Engineering)
- Ensures risk within the infrastructure area is actively managed by implementing risk elimination / mitigation solutions
- Ensures the areas capability (process, methods, tools, etc.) complies with all Group policies and regulations
- Operational Performance Reporting by providing sufficient visibility of the area within the practice and its delivery to the business against set metrics:
o Establish relevant metrics and management information to facilitate reporting and decision making
o Technical capability
o Team diversity
o Engineering maturity (Continuum)
o Engineered systems
o Infrastructure stability, availability, currency (EOL/EOS) and reliability (MTBF; MTTR)
- Manage Operations includes core engineering specific mandates;
o Provision of depth of technical skill for technologies in the environment;
o Provision of foundation services i.e. network, storage area network
o Collaborate with platform engineering on scalable solutions and automation;
o The home of operations for traditional services;
· ITSM Processes and Procedures
o Act as a single point of contact for incidents, problems, Service Continuity and controls within your area
o Ensure change management is performed according to Group change standards and policies.
o Ensure Configuration Management is performed according to Group configuration management standards and policies and take accountability for the products, assets and technology roadmap within the relevant platform.
o Support and drive the Incident management processes and procedures within area
o Support the Problem management processes and procedures within area in ensuring Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is performed,
· Responsible to ensure that relevant runbooks and Standard Operating Procedures are maintained for the relevant platforms
· Technical recovery co-ordination is in place for area staff and relevant 3rd parties;
Contributes to IT leadership discussion as regards the shape and contents of the IT Infrastructure Service portfolio
- Contribute to the nature, scope and value proposition of the IT Infrastructure Service/s on offer from within the area
- Monitors the end-to-end performance of the service/s supported by service improvement plans
- Collaborate with other planning roles, architecture, portfolio managers and capacity planners to assist with and determine forecast demand for each service.
- Participates in relevant vendor management relatonships
Preferred Qualification and Experience<
- First Degree in IT and Computer Sciences
- Diploma in Generic Management
Other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
- Agile Software development and engineering methodologies and associated practices such as Continuous Integration, Software Defined Infrastructure, Evolutionary Architecture, etc.
- Honours Degree in IT and Computer Science
- 5-7 years in Information Technology
- 5-7 years in Business Support
- 5-7 years in Business Enablement
- 5-7 years in Infrastructure management
- 1-2 years in Business Partnering and service management
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Analysis
- Organisation change management
- Stakeholder management
- Research and information gathering
- Trouble shooting ability
- IT knowledge
- Providing Insights
- Making Decisions
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Directing People
- Developing Expertise
- Exploring Possibilities
- Examining Information